Mould

Some typical moulds found in the air around a home

Mould is a fungus type growth that needs oxygen, warmth, food and moisture to grow. It is everywhere in nature but should never be growing in a home.

Unfortunately, the tighter the home the more likely there is for mould to find exactly the right conditions to expand. There are over 20,000 different moulds that have been identified and none of them are good for you. The elderly and pre-schoolers are especially at risk owing to their lungs being used sparingly or not quite developed.

In a home that is inadequately ventilated moisture generated by condensation will soak into woodwork or drywall. Mould spores that are carried into the home by air currents or on people or pets, will settle on the damp wall and start to grow a new colony. Within 48 hours the mould will be giving off mould spores into the air currents for starting new colonies. Damp drywall is an excellent food source for mould and with the warmth and air will support a new colony.

Some of the mould spores will be breathed in by the occupants where the spores will start a new colony in the person’s lungs. Generally, spores that are sucked in from outside are dealt with by the bodies immune system, but when a person is living and sleeping in a concentration of mould spores, poor health will follow.

Prevention is far better than cure so every attempt must be made to prevent mould from taking a hold on your home. Horror stories include homes that have had to be torn down and all of the materials treated and disposed of by hazardous waste experts at substantial costs. Health problems are also very bad and involve some very sad cases.

Plusaire® House Ventilation System Gives Fresh Air For Life!

www.plusaire.com Plusaire Inc. Princeton, Ontario, Canada N0J 1V0 Phone 519-458-4714 Email Contact